Employment Type: Full-time
Work Site Type: On-site
Building A Brand Starts With Our Story
FIRST is a leading global brand experience agency providing Content, Creative, Digital Technology, Management & Delivery, and Data & Insights services. Operating as a full-service agency partner or through embedding specialist talent into client teams, FIRST brings brands and people together through creative, connected experiences. Spanning 12 countries with more than 700 team members, FIRST works with clients across industries including financial services, technology, media, consumer electronics, medical and healthcare, automotive, aerospace, and the nonprofit sector.
Most recently, Eventex honored FIRST as one of the Top 150 Event Organizers & Agencies in the USA, while Chief Marketer listed FIRST among their “200 Top Marketing Agencies" for both 2022 & 2021, and Special Events recognized FIRST as one of their “50 Top Event Companies” at the end of 2020. Crain’s New York Business included FIRST in the Top 100 “Best Places to Work in NYC” for 2020, and The London Stock Exchange Group once again listed FIRST as one of ‘1000 Companies to Inspire Britain’ in 2020.
Learn more at www.firstagency.com
Our story started over 25 years ago growing through collaboration, innovation, strong culture, and a focus on people, specifically our people. Our people inspired, developed, and grew FIRST to the incredible brand experience creator it is today.
And our hope is that you become the next page of our story in developing how our agency connects more people beyond what they thought was possible.
A welcoming, creative and ambitious workplace that offers personal and professional growth for all individuals. At FIRST, you'll find:
- A welcoming workplace that fosters diversity and belonging with a focus on team members feeling valued, respected, and supported.
- Creative teams that enjoy challenging work with an ability to make an impact on those around them.
- An experiential organization that cares about the development and career experience of each employee, focusing on excellence and flexibility with the right balance of structure to thrive.
Location: New York, NY (5x a week in office)
What You Would Get To Do:
In this capacity, the ideal candidate would represent the FIRST brand as an implanted team member for a well-known technology company. The AV Conference Technician will be responsible for providing white glove AV support to conference and meeting rooms throughout a new event center. The role is ideal for someone who has experience supporting video conferencing systems and has a deep understanding of presentation platforms like Google Slides, Keynote and PowerPoint . Experience engaging with C-suite executives and VIP’s is preferred along with a strong focus on customer service.
For events, the goal is to provide a seamless technology experience to all attendees, press and partners, as well as create a more efficient and reliable technical environment for the client. In this role you’ll work with internal teams as well as external clients on a daily basis.
- Assist with the technical production of low touch to mid-level events
- Kick off and provide fundamental A/V support for all conference rooms and meeting spaces in the event center
- Set, strike, and operate basic AV equipment such as speakers, microphones, and display monitors in common areas
- Meet and understand client expectations on issues, escalating when appropriate
- Assist with the building of staging and A/V set up on-site
- Participate in creative team brainstorming sessions
- Identify new and alternative ways of approaching FIRST’s technical production offering to clients
- Assist event production spaces, as needed
What We Are Looking For
Please be aware that we know experience does not always look like we describe it. If you believe you would be an excellent fit for this role, please apply - we would love to see how you could fit at First.
- 3+ years’ experience within the AV/ IT support industry
- Must understand audio and video signal flows
- Must be able to set, strike, and operate AV equipment such as, but not limited to: audio consoles, PA speakers, video switchers, display monitors, PTZ cameras, etc
- Must have a deep understanding of video conferencing platforms such as Zoom, Google Meets, etc
- Must have a deep understanding of MS Office, Google Workspace, and common presentation software such as PowerPoint, Keynote, and Google slides
- Prior experience in technical delivery of high-quality events is preferred
- Solid communication and customer service skills are a must to build and maintain relationships with team members, clients, and vendors
- Ability to prioritise while adhering to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities at once
- Experience managing day-to-day changes with high attention to detail
- Must be fluent in English
- Ability to work onsite
- This role will be assigned to a primary location but will require flexibility to be deployed to support across the campus as required
Administrative and General:
- Assume responsibility for own environment, ensuring adherence to health and safety policies while having clean smart surroundings
- Work intelligently and ensure that team management is aware of problems or issues which negatively affect productivity
- Build excellent relations with the team, clients, vendors, and key venues through positive communications
- Ensure knowledge is shared within the team to enable them to work smarter
- Work on ad hoc requests as required, typically during quiet times
United States Residents: The base pay for this position ranges from $60,000 to $75,000. This role is also eligible for an annual discretionary bonus.
FIRST is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. FIRST is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We stand firm: FIRST will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. If any candidate feels that they are unable to meet the requirements of the role, please get in touch to discuss adjustments or other suitable roles.