Employment Type: Full-time
Work Site Type: On-site
Building A Brand Starts With Our Story
FIRST is a leading global brand experience agency serving clients in various industries, including financial services, technology, new & traditional media, aerospace, healthcare, and professional services. FIRST has received numerous accolades, including being named one of the Top 150 Event Organizers & Agencies in the USA by Eventex, being listed among the "200 Top Marketing Agencies" in 2023, 2022 & 2021 by Chief Marketer, being recognized as one of the "50 Top Event
Companies" by Special Events, being included in the Top 100 "Best Places to Work in NYC" by Crain's New York Business, and being listed as one of the "1000 Companies to Inspire Britain" by The London Stock Exchange Group.
Learn more at www.firstagency.com
Our story started over 25 years ago growing through collaboration, innovation, strong culture, and a focus on people, specifically our people. Our people inspired, developed, and grew FIRST to the incredible brand experience creator it is today.
And our hope is that you become the next page of our story in developing how our agency connects more people beyond what they thought was possible.
A welcoming, creative and ambitious workplace that offers personal and professional growth for all individuals. At FIRST, you'll find:
- A welcoming workplace that fosters diversity and belonging with a focus on team members feeling valued, respected, and supported.
- An experiential organization that cares about the development and career experience of each employee, focusing on excellence and flexibility with the right balance of structure to thrive.
- Creative teams that enjoy challenging work with an ability to make an impact on those around them.
What You Would Get To Do: As the Site Lead, This position is ideal for someone with strong production and management experience in the event industry who can assume a lead role within an organization. This role will be responsible for leading the team of onsite event technicians and event production team for all events (in-person, hybrid and virtual) to ensure the team are driving delivery excellence at every touch point and elevating our overall service offering. Key to this role is stakeholder and team management, you will be liaising with FIRST teams and our client on a daily basis.
For all events (virtual, hybrid or in-person), the goal is to provide an exceptional and seamless experience, from start to end, to all attendees, and stakeholders.
Location: New York, NY (5x a week in office)
Lead on all aspects of on-site technical service delivery which includes developing processes, training team members, and driving innovations and efficiencies
- Management of approximately 10 FIRST team members
- Staff, administer and maintain event calendar for FIRST team members
- Oversee workload of team ensuring day-to-day understanding of capacity/pressure points and assisting/offering guidance on team’s events where required
- Manage vacation schedules, coordinate team presence in office to ensure ample coverage
- Partner with Team Lead, and FIRST People & Culture team on all company initiatives, and some employee relations matters
- Support the Team Lead with on-boarding/off-boarding process for all employees on the account
- Manage client expectations on production issues
- Liaise across different levels within the immediate team, the client’s organization, and third-party vendors
- Working closely with the PC’s to procure best value across our scalables pool
- Identify new and alternative ways of approaching FIRST’s production offering to clients by collecting feedback, identifying trends and implementing changes, including on-going development and review of pre event, event and post event checklists
- Driving team development and skills by means of mock-events, dress-rehearsals and cross-functional training
- Ensure team adheres to standard operating procedures and compliance processes and that these are continually reviewed and improved upon
- Actively review and discuss post-event feedback, highlighting production issues and ensure that they will be rectified/escalated accordingly
- Maintain comprehensive event files and keep precise records for the both the Team Lead and Client
- Provide input/feedback on big picture opportunities, issues, and challenges within the organization
- Manage and promote communications to all team members to ensure maximum efficiency
- Ensure the team maintains positive relationships with client
- Lead and motivate the team to work efficiently
- Encourage and motivate the team to be knowledgeable of best practices, new suppliers, services, and venues and to be proactive with ideas and creative solutions
- Support a strong and engaging mentorship program across the team, clearly outlining development of skills, attributes and growth, and providing feedback to team members on an on-going basis
- Responsible for crafting SMART goals with direct reports, working with them to ensure they provide their team with a clear development path.
What We Are Looking For
Please be aware that we know experience does not always look like we describe it. If you believe you would be an excellent fit for this role, please apply - we would love to see how you could fit at FIRST. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need an accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5+ years’ professional experience within the event production/broadcast industry/live event industry
- 1 – 2 years’ experience leading production teams is preferred
- Strong people management skills with the ability to lead by example is essential
- High level of proficiency in the delivery of high-quality events
- Excellent communication and client service skills are a must to build and maintain relationships
- Ability to prioritize while adhering to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Experience managing day-to-day changes at every level of detail
- Ability to manage many projects at once and with varying levels of production
United States Residents: The base pay for this position ranges from $90,000.00 - $110,000.00. This role is also eligible for an annual discretionary bonus.
FIRST is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. FIRST is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We stand firm: FIRST will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. If any candidate feels that they are unable to meet the requirements of the role, please get in touch to discuss adjustments or other suitable roles.