Employment Type: Full-time
Work Site Type: Hybrid
Building A Brand Starts With Our Story
FIRST is a leading global brand experience agency providing Content, Creative, Digital Technology, Management & Delivery, and Data & Insights services. Operating as a full-service agency partner or through embedding specialist talent into client teams, FIRST brings brands and people together through creative, connected experiences. Spanning 12 countries with more than 700 team members, FIRST works with clients across industries including financial services, technology, media, consumer electronics, medical and healthcare, automotive, aerospace, and the nonprofit sector.
Most recently, Eventex honored FIRST as one of the Top 150 Event Organizers & Agencies in the USA, while Chief Marketer listed FIRST among their “200 Top Marketing Agencies" for both 2022 & 2021, and Special Events recognized FIRST as one of their “50 Top Event Companies” at the end of 2020. Crain’s New York Business included FIRST in the Top 100 “Best Places to Work in NYC” for 2020, and The London Stock Exchange Group once again listed FIRST as one of ‘1000 Companies to Inspire Britain’ in 2020.
Learn more at www.firstagency.com
Our story started over 25 years ago growing through collaboration, innovation, strong culture, and a focus on people, specifically our people. Our people inspired, developed, and grew FIRST to the incredible brand experience creator it is today.
And our hope is that you become the next page of our story in developing how our agency connects more people beyond what they thought was possible.
A welcoming, creative and ambitious workplace that offers personal and professional growth for all individuals. At FIRST, you'll find:
- A welcoming workplace that fosters diversity and belonging with a focus on team members feeling valued, respected, and supported.
- Creative teams that enjoy challenging work with an ability to make an impact on those around them.
- An experiential organization that cares about the development and career experience of each employee, focusing on excellence and flexibility with the right balance of structure to thrive.
Location: New York, NY (in office requirement) Must reside in the tri state area to be able to go into office.
What You Would Get To Do:
FIRST is looking for a dynamic Senior Roadshow Coordinator – Investment Banking Division to work on-site at a major financial institution in New York City. The ideal candidate would have extensive experience organizing heavy logistics and schedules for corporate management teams to meet with prospective or existing investors within the Investment Banking division.
- Work closely with Corporates, Institutional Equity Sales, Investment Banking and Capital Markets to design and execute roadshows
- Build strong relationships with Corporate management teams as well as with other internal constituents
- Heavy calendar management and meeting coordination for investors, clients and internal teams
- Heavy logistic coordination for in-person roadshows, including, but not limited to hotels, ground transportation, private air, commercial air
- Heavy logistics coordination for virtual/hybrid roadshows, including, but not limited to Zoom, conference calls, large group virtual meetings
- Maintain and communicate logistics and travel schedules and agendas with Corporate contacts, sales people and other participants for multiple events at the same time
- Create and manage budgets and expense reconciliation for all events
- Source, vet and contract venues for events with client input
- Negotiate with vendors for cost effectiveness as appropriate; commercial focus to the bottom line
- Identify new venues and vendors to differentiate roadshows and provide new experiences to clients
- Arrange conference calls and webcasts and coordinate ad hoc technology requests
- Provide real-time support for participants, even if after hours leading into an event
- Create and send logistical information and coordinate other materials for events as needed
- Must be able to balance a client’s demands and prioritize work based on a high volume book of work
- Able to work independently with specialists and clients with little guidance
- Back up coverage for colleagues as needed within the team
- Mentor colleagues; demonstrate leadership capabilities to support and train colleagues
- Create training documents for specific events or tasks where applicable; with a proactive approach
- Excellent working relationship with managers, clients and peers alike
- Advanced supplier knowledge; ability to negotiate value adds for cost efficiencies or enhanced attendee experience
- Act as an ambassador for the FIRST brand, leading by example and displaying the company’s core values (Ambition, Creativity, Excellence, Integrity, Teamwork)
What We Are Looking For
Please be aware that we know experience does not always look like we describe it. If you believe you would be an excellent fit for this role, please apply - we would love to see how you could fit at First.
- 5+ years’ experience in the financial industry. Roadshow experience/executive assistant in the investment banking industry preferred.
- 5+ years’ professional experience in Roadshows, events, marketing and/or communications
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Displays strong people management skills with the ability to motivate and lead by example
- Experience in management and training teams both in planning and execution of Roadshows
- Highly organized – ability to handle multiple tasks to meet strict deadlines
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to effectively and extensively interact with all levels of senior ranking officers
- Adaptability to situations and ever changing demands
- Accessible and responsive at all times; tasks and requests by client often happen outside of normal business hours - must be available to respond accordingly
- A calm and flexible approach to handling pressure and stress. Professional, responsive and polite in extremely difficult circumstances
- Resourceful, ambitious and proactive
- Creative problem solver and team player
United States Residents: The base pay for this position ranges from $85,000 to $120,000. This role is also eligible for an annual discretionary bonus.
Executive Administrative Assistants with experience in corporate finance sector, will also be considered
FIRST is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. FIRST is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We stand firm: FIRST will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. If any candidate feels that they are unable to meet the requirements of the role, please get in touch to discuss adjustments or other suitable roles.