Employment Type: Full-time
Work Site Type: Hybrid
Building A Brand Starts With Our Story
FIRST is a leading global brand experience agency serving clients in various industries, including financial services, technology, new & traditional media, aerospace, healthcare, and professional services. FIRST has received numerous accolades, including being named one of the Top 150 Event Organizers & Agencies in the USA by Eventex, being listed among the "200 Top Marketing Agencies" in 2023, 2022 & 2021 by Chief Marketer, being recognized as one of the "50 Top Event Companies" by Special Events, being included in the Top 100 "Best Places to Work in".
Learn more at www.firstagency.com
Our story started over 25 years ago growing through collaboration, innovation, strong culture, and a focus on people, specifically our people. Our people inspired, developed, and grew FIRST to the incredible brand experience creator it is today.
And our hope is that you become the next page of our story in developing how our agency connects more people beyond what they thought was possible.
A welcoming, creative and ambitious workplace that offers personal and professional growth for all individuals. At FIRST, you'll find:
- A welcoming workplace that fosters diversity and belonging with a focus on team members feeling valued, respected, and supported.
- Creative teams that enjoy challenging work with an ability to make an impact on those around them.
- An experiential organization that cares about the development and career experience of each employee, focusing on excellence and flexibility with the right balance of structure to thrive.
Location: Jersey City, NJ (in office requirement - minimum 4 days in office) Must reside in the tri state area to be able to go into office.
What You Would Get To Do:
The Project Manager will assume a key role within the organization by leading and motivating colleagues in a way that enhances working relationships and encapsulates FIRST values and our client's brand. The individual will ensure the project team delivers consistently exceptional service to our clients through excellent project management and delivers world-class events that exceed client expectations. Along with other FIRST team members, the Event Management Team Lead will represent the FIRST Solutions brand on-site within a well-known tech company. This position is ideal for a corporate event planning professional with prior experience managing and motivating team members.
- Independent Project Manager responsible for the planning and execution of multiple key corporate events
- Manage all aspects of the event operation from initial briefing to reconciliation
- Maintain client liaison and ensure SLA’s (Service Level Agreements) are monitored and achieved throughout the event planning process
- Field questions and offer advice to team members to assist with creative problem solving
- Work with the team to ensure adherence to client’s Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Be responsible for accurate and timely budgeting and reconciliation of events
- Create and closely monitor value-adds at every opportunity
- Share knowledge and best practice regarding new suppliers, services and venues • Be proactive with ideas and creative solutions
- Provide support other team members as needed
- Management of vendors contributing to events (gifts, printed materials, etc.)
- Deepen relationships with existing clients and maximize on opportunities to add new events to the portfolio
- Travel (10-15% annually) for site inspections and on-site management of events to ensure full coordination of logistics and on-site teams
What We Are Looking For
Please be aware that we know experience does not always look like we describe it. If you believe you would be an excellent fit for this role, please apply - we would love to see how you could fit at First.
- 5 – 7 years Event Management experience preferably in a financial/corporate environment • Advanced Project Management skills including budget creation, management and reconciliation
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- High-level conference, meeting and production management and organization experience • Excellent supplier knowledge and negotiating skills
- Creative problem solver, team player and resourceful
- Ability to take direction and work independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Strong adaptability to situations and ever-changing demands
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills to meet strict deadlines
- Ambitious, proactive and highly organized
- A calm and flexible approach to handling pressure and stress
- Detail oriented, “Big Picture” thinker
- Willing to travel to various locations for site visits and on-site management of events
- Advanced working knowledge of venues and suppliers in key U.S. cities
- Proficient knowledge with Cvent Venue Sourcing
- Experience working on large and complex databases
- Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Office proficiency
ADMINISTRATION & GENERAL:
- Work intelligently and ensure that the Team Managers are aware of problems or issues which negatively affect productivity
- Strict and accurate adherence to company’s time tracking policies and systems • Ensure knowledge is shared within the team through positive communications
- Work on ad hoc requests from clients as required
- Assume responsibility for own environment, ensuring adherence to health and safety policies while having clean smart surroundings
United States Residents: The base pay for this position ranges from $75,000 to $100,000. This role is also eligible for an annual discretionary bonus.
FIRST is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. FIRST is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We stand firm: FIRST will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. If any candidate feels that they are unable to meet the requirements of the role, please get in touch to discuss adjustments or other suitable roles.