Employment Type: Full-time
Work Site Type: On-site
Building A Brand Starts With Our Story
FIRST is a leading global brand experience agency providing Content, Creative, Digital Technology, Management & Delivery, and Data & Insights services. Operating as a full-service agency partner or through embedding specialist talent into client teams, FIRST brings brands and people together through creative, connected experiences. Spanning 12 countries with more than 700 team members, FIRST works with clients across industries including financial services, technology, media, consumer electronics, medical and healthcare, automotive, aerospace, and the nonprofit sector.
Most recently, Eventex honored FIRST as one of the Top 150 Event Organizers & Agencies in the USA, while Chief Marketer listed FIRST among their “200 Top Marketing Agencies" for both 2022 & 2021, and Special Events recognized FIRST as one of their “50 Top Event Companies” at the end of 2020. Crain’s New York Business included FIRST in the Top 100 “Best Places to Work in NYC” for 2020, and The London Stock Exchange Group once again listed FIRST as one of ‘1000 Companies to Inspire Britain’ in 2020.
Learn more at www.firstagency.com
Our story started over 25 years ago growing through collaboration, innovation, strong culture, and a focus on people, specifically our people. Our people inspired, developed, and grew FIRST to the incredible brand experience creator it is today.
And our hope is that you become the next page of our story in developing how our agency connects more people beyond what they thought was possible.
A welcoming, creative and ambitious workplace that offers personal and professional growth for all individuals. At FIRST, you'll find:
- A welcoming workplace that fosters diversity and belonging with a focus on team members feeling valued, respected, and supported.
- Creative teams that enjoy challenging work with an ability to make an impact on those around them.
- An experiential organization that cares about the development and career experience of each employee, focusing on excellence and flexibility with the right balance of structure to thrive.
What You Would Get To Do:
The Event Service Specialist will consistently deliver exceptional service to our client through excellent event service delivery. Along with other FIRST team members, the Event Service Specialist will represent the FIRST Solutions brand on-site within a well-known tech company. In this role you, your main focus will be to be the primary point of contact to successfully execute events, working with the FIRST team and various internal service providers.
- Primary contact on the event day for event hosts, working hand in hand with event managers and service partners to ensure appropriate execution and service delivery in each area of event support including catering, audio/video production, security, transportation, room setup support.
- Work across various event spaces, traveling between different floors and buildings throughout the day
- Coordinate and execute event logistics, including manual handling, lifting/moving boxes (15kg/35lbs) and other items like tables and chairs as needed, packaging, taping, labeling, and sorting tasks.
- Remain at times in a stationary position for prolonged periods of time throughout the day to support the running of our events
- Move around in different positions to accomplish tasks in environments including tight and confined spaces (moving packages in storage rooms, coat rooms, etc)
- Reviews all event needs and re-confirms or clarifies any areas of concern prior to event
- Support events onsite which could include managing multiple events a day
- Troubleshoot issues and escalate any advanced needs to the appropriate internal partner
- Communicate any pertinent adds/changes to event team and supporting services lines as needed (i.e.: guest count changes, schedule changes, room setup or catering changes)
- Assist event managers in the planning of large scale events
- Support the end-to-end planning for small scale events as needed
- Provide administrative support for event managers by keeping tracking tools, event planning documents and internal planning systems up to date and accurate
- Responsible for compiling reports related to on-site events including post-event data
- Support Guest Services team as needed, which could include but is not limited to guest check-in, wayfinding, swag organization and distribution and answering questions on event details
What We Are Looking For
Please be aware that we know experience does not always look like we describe it. If you believe you would be an excellent fit for this role, please apply - we would love to see how you could fit at First.
- 0 – 1+ years’ event coordination experience including internships or other applicable experience related to the responsibilities of the role
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Must be fluent in English
- Must be able to work fully onsite
- This role will be assigned to a primary location but will require flexibility to be deployed to support across the campus as required. This is an on-site position.
- Knowledge of basic and fundamental standards of event management and event operations
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Experience working cross-functionally with various levels of stakeholders in a fast-paced environment
- Creative problem solver, resourceful, team player
- Adaptability to situations and ever-changing demands
- Highly organized with the ability to handle multiple tasks to meet strict deadlines
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills
- Ambitious and proactive with a calm and flexible approach to handling pressure
- Experience working on large and complex databases is a plus
- Flexibility of hours, must be willing to work mornings, evenings and potentially weekends as needed
Administrative and General:
- Assume responsibility for own environment, ensuring adherence to health and safety policies while having clean smart surroundings
- Work intelligently and ensure management is aware of problems or issues which negatively affect productivity
- Build excellent relationship with team through positive communications
- Ensure knowledge is shared within the team to enable them to work smarter and more efficiently
- Work on ad hoc requests from clients as required
FIRST is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. FIRST is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We stand firm: FIRST will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. If any candidate feels that they are unable to meet the requirements of the role, please get in touch to discuss adjustments or other suitable roles.