Employment Type: Full-time
Work Site Type: On-site
Building A Brand Starts With Our Story
FIRST is a leading global brand experience agency providing Content, Creative, Digital Technology, Management & Delivery, and Data & Insights services. Operating as a full-service agency partner or through embedding specialist talent into client teams, FIRST brings brands and people together through creative, connected experiences. Spanning 12 countries with more than 700 team members, FIRST works with clients across industries including financial services, technology, media, consumer electronics, medical and healthcare, automotive, aerospace, and the nonprofit sector.
Most recently, Eventex honored FIRST as one of the Top 150 Event Organizers & Agencies in the USA, while Chief Marketer listed FIRST among their “200 Top Marketing Agencies" for both 2022 & 2021, and Special Events recognized FIRST as one of their “50 Top Event Companies” at the end of 2020. Crain’s New York Business included FIRST in the Top 100 “Best Places to Work in NYC” for 2020, and The London Stock Exchange Group once again listed FIRST as one of ‘1000 Companies to Inspire Britain’ in 2020.
Learn more at www.firstagency.com
Our story started over 25 years ago growing through collaboration, innovation, strong culture, and a focus on people, specifically our people. Our people inspired, developed, and grew FIRST to the incredible brand experience creator it is today.
And our hope is that you become the next page of our story in developing how our agency connects more people beyond what they thought was possible.
A welcoming, creative and ambitious workplace that offers personal and professional growth for all individuals. At FIRST, you'll find:
- A welcoming workplace that fosters diversity and belonging with a focus on team members feeling valued, respected, and supported.
- Creative teams that enjoy challenging work with an ability to make an impact on those around them.
- An experiential organization that cares about the development and career experience of each employee, focusing on excellence and flexibility with the right balance of structure to thrive.
Location: New York, NY (5x a week in office)
What You Would Get To Do:
The Experiential AV Technician will consistently deliver exceptional service to our client through excellent digital signage and experiential activation support. This position will primarily be responsible for the quality control, and accuracy of content distributed across multiple digital signage displays, room schedulers, and experiential activations. This role requires a strong understanding of multiple content management systems, experience with corporate communications, marcomm, and events.
Along with other FIRST team members, the Experiential AV Technician will represent the FIRST Solutions brand on-site within a well-known tech company.
- Distribute content to projectors, LED walls, experiential activations, and room schedulers
- Coordinates with event management and production teams to ensure accuracy of content being distributed
- Quality control all content to ensure it adheres with all technical and compliance requirements
- Work creatively with event hosts to ensure content is optimised for display
- Perform basic audiovisual troubleshooting on software
- Upload and schedule content via clients proprietary tool, and has the ability to update content to conform to technical requirements
- Organise the storage of all media assets
- Provide insights to drive efficiencies of the service
What We Are Looking For
Please be aware that we know experience does not always look like we describe it. If you believe you would be an excellent fit for this role, please apply - we would love to see how you could fit at First.
- 3 – 5+ years’ experience of operating digital multimedia signage
- Corporate/live events experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Fundamental knowledge of how media systems work, what types of connectors are used, frame rates, etc.
- Knowledge of file formats (MOV, HAP, JPEG) and non conventional aspect ratios/resolutions
- Experience working cross-functionally with all levels of stakeholders in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working with multiple content management systems, LED video walls, and custom digital signage
- Proficient in Adobe Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere, etc.)
- Organisational and time management skills
- Ability to execute tasks independently and efficiently
- Creative problem solver, resourceful, team player
- Adaptability to situations and ever-changing demands
- Highly organised with the ability to handle multiple tasks to meet strict deadlines
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills
- Ambitious and proactive with a calm and flexible approach to handling pressure
- Must be fluent in English
- Ability to work onsite
- This role will be assigned to a primary location but will require flexibility to be deployed to support across the campus as required
Administrative & General:
- Assume responsibility for own environment, ensuring adherence to health and safety policies while having clean smart surroundings
- Work intelligently and ensure management is aware of problems or issues which negatively affect productivity
- Build excellent relationship with team through positive communications
- Ensure knowledge is shared within the team to enable them to work smarter and more efficiently
- Work on ad hoc requests from clients as required
- Familiarity with G Suite Product including Sheets, Mail, Docs
United States Residents: The base pay for this position ranges from $60,000 to $85,000. This role is also eligible for an annual discretionary bonus.
FIRST is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. FIRST is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We stand firm: FIRST will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. If any candidate feels that they are unable to meet the requirements of the role, please get in touch to discuss adjustments or other suitable roles.