Employment Type: Full-time
Work Site Type: On-site
Building a Brand Starts with Our Story
FIRST is a leading global brand experience agency serving clients in various industries, including financial services, technology, new & traditional media, aerospace, healthcare, and professional services. FIRST has received numerous accolades, including being named one of the Top 150 Event Organizers & Agencies in the USA by Eventex, being listed among the "200 Top Marketing Agencies" in 2023, 2022 & 2021 by Chief Marketer, being recognized as one of the "50 Top Event Companies" by Special Events, being included in the Top 100 "Best Places to Work in NYC" by Crain's New York Business, and being listed as one of the "1000 Companies to Inspire Britain" by The London Stock Exchange Group.
Learn more at www.firstagency.com
Our story started over 25 years ago growing through collaboration, innovation, strong culture, and a focus on people, specifically our people. Our people inspired, developed, and grew FIRST to the incredible brand experience creator it is today.
And our hope is that you become the next page of our story in developing how our agency connects more people beyond what they thought was possible.
A welcoming, creative and ambitious workplace that offers personal and professional growth for all individuals. At FIRST, you'll find:
- A welcoming workplace that fosters diversity and belonging with a focus on team members feeling valued, respected, and supported.
- Creative teams that enjoy challenging work with an ability to make an impact on those around them.
- An experiential organization that cares about the development and career experience of each employee, focusing on excellence and flexibility with the right balance of structure to thrive.
The Event Manager - Paris will consistently deliver exceptional service to our client through excellent operational and logistical facilities management. This position will be responsible for managing, supporting and/or executing the coordination of various events within the client’s meeting spaces. The role requires strong operational understanding and practical experience in event logistics and venue management.
Along with other FIRST team members, the Event Manager will represent the FIRST Solutions brand on-site within a well-known tech company. In this role you’ll work with internal teams to coordinate the logistical needs of the event space. This role will report directly into the Team Lead.
What You Would Get To Do:
- Provides consultative ‘one stop shop’ planning support for Event Hosts to ensure exemplary event experience
- Discovery of Event Host objectives and requirements for meeting.
- Review budget and offer suggestions to maximize ROI
- Organize logistics, decor, entertainment, catering and all other event needs
- Ability to recommend event enhancements to achieve desired event objectives
- Review of all meeting space to ensure proper space assignment
- Informs Space & Service Coordinator of space need changes and cancellations
- Update group information in internal systems in a timely manner
- Periodically checks event spaces and setups to ensure event services are appropriately delivered
- Communicate event needs with Event Event Service Specialist and checks in throughout group event on any additional needs
- Create all services communication to be distributed on a timely basis to all service departments
- Conduct post event survey with Event Host (as outlined in post survey SOP) and communicate comments/compliments/issues to service levels.
- Work closely with all departments to develop and be responsible for event requirements and deliverables, including but not limited to communications, calendars, registration needs, feedback surveys, and wrap up reports
- Coordinate with facilities, arranging and overseeing all event details, such as audio and visual, decor, catering, security, entertainment, premiums/swag, and transportation
- Create in depth event based on strategy but pushes the boundaries of creativity and innovation
- Manage multiple programs/events, across various industry verticals, with creativity, innovation, and strategy, delivering world class creative execution
- Support events onsite as needed - this could include but not limited to:
- Being onsite during events, serving as an on-site contact or support for clients
- Troubleshooting issues and escalating any advanced needs to the appropriate internal partner
- Communicating any pertinent adds/changes to event team including Event Manager and services lines as needed (i.e.: guarantee changes, schedule changes)
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- 2 – 5+ years’ event management and/or corporate meeting planning experience preferred
- Strong meeting coordination experience for meetings/conferences ranging between 50 – 300+ people
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required
- Fluent in English AND French
- Experience working cross-functionally with all levels of stakeholders in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to understand the meeting/event objective and mission, business, and audience in order to align with the overall vision and strategy of the needs of the Event Host and event
- Organizational and time management skills
- Ability to execute tasks independently and efficiently
- Creative problem solver, resourceful, team player
- Adaptability to situations and ever-changing demands
- Highly organized with the ability to handle multiple tasks to meet strict deadlines
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills
- Ambitious and proactive with a calm and flexible approach to handling pressure
- Experience working on large and complex databases
- Proficient in G Suite
ADMINISTRATION & GENERAL:
- Assume responsibility for own environment, ensuring adherence to health and safety policies while having clean smart surroundings
- Work intelligently and ensure management is aware of problems or issues which negatively affect productivity
- Build excellent relationship with team through positive communications
- Ensure knowledge is shared within the team to enable them to work smarter and more efficiently
- Work on ad hoc requests from clients as required
FIRST is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. FIRST is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We stand firm: FIRST will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.