Region: FIRST - New York
Building A Brand Starts With Our Story
FIRST is a leading global brand experience agency serving clients in various industries, including financial services, technology, new & traditional media, aerospace, healthcare, and professional services. FIRST has received numerous accolades, including being named one of the Top 150 Event Organizers & Agencies in the USA by Eventex, being listed among the "200 Top Marketing Agencies" in 2023, 2022 & 2021 by Chief Marketer, being recognized as one of the "50 Top Event Companies" by Special Events, being included in the Top 100 "Best Places to Work in NYC" by Crain's New York Business, and being listed as one of the "1000 Companies to Inspire Britain" by The London Stock Exchange Group.
Learn more at www.firstagency.com
Our story started over 25 years ago growing through collaboration, innovation, strong culture, and a focus on people, specifically our people. Our people inspired, developed, and grew FIRST to the incredible brand experience creator it is today.
And our hope is that you become the next page of our story in developing how our agency connects more people beyond what they thought was possible.
A welcoming, creative and ambitious workplace that offers personal and professional growth for all individuals. At FIRST, you'll find:
- A welcoming workplace that fosters diversity and belonging with a focus on team members feeling valued, respected, and supported.
- Creative teams that enjoy challenging work with an ability to make an impact on those around them.
- An experiential organization that cares about the development and career experience of each employee, focusing on excellence and flexibility with the right balance of structure to thrive.
Location: New York City, NY (Hybrid) (Must be able to commute to NYC office)
What You Would Get To Do:
FIRST is seeking a highly professional and technologically adept individual to provide professional support and oversight of the Technology Department. This department will be responsible for the operations of technology, event websites/apps, data management and other analytics. The Event Technology Manager will consistently deliver exceptional service to our clients through excellent project management.
The main duties of the Event Technology Manager will be to assist the Event Operations team by implementing and supporting new technology platforms as well as utilizing advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel to manage invitation lists. This role may also need to provide support to clients needing assistance with their event and meeting coordination. Prior experience in customer service, help desk support or a similar function is beneficial as this person must be comfortable assisting clients over the phone with navigating registration websites and responding to inquiries
- Keep up-to-date on all emerging technologies, popular culture and trends and ensure team members are informed as well
- Advise on user experience of all pre-event and onsite registration for both virtual and in- person events
- Implementation and project management of event registration websites, app builds and all technological aspects of our events
- Database Management: ensure consistency of information and generating lists upon request
- Manage client evaluation communications such as save-the-dates, invitations, registration, confirmations, etc.
- Reporting (response rates / new implications) and analytics and surveys
- Assist with recruitment of new team members
- Train other staff on current technology and processes
- Travel domestically and internationally in support of client events
- Responsibilities also include the project-based oversight of the Event Technology Coordinator and/or Associate Event Technology Manager role(s) which includes but is not limited to the following: Assist in the development and management of online registration
- Manage relationships with technology suppliers including the negotiation of contracts
- Effectively communicate with internal and external clients over the phone, in person and via e-mail
- Registration desk flow design and set up
- Database management to ensure consistency of information, accurate data, inputting new data when required and generating lists upon request
- Lead contact for attendee management and technology vendors including pre- event and during execution
- Assist in contacting clients for relevant information
- Respond to ALL client email within same day (even during work travel)
- Create and distribute post event client surveys
- Review and manage any relevant third-party vendor invoice reconciliation e.g. badging / attendee tracking etc
- Coordinate planning and utilization of the mobile app. May assist with build depending on platform.
- Support other members of the department as needed on ad-hoc projects
- Responsible for all registration collateral and equipment management
What We Are Looking For
Please be aware that we know experience does not always look like we describe it. If you believe you would be an excellent fit for this role, please apply - we would love to see how you could fit at FIRST. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need an accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process).
- 5+ years of related experience with event and registration technology including meeting planning and coordination
- Expert knowledge of Cvent required
- Highly motivated, able to work independently
- Exhibit strong work ethic, patience, and a winning attitude
- Flexible and willing to work outside of normal business hours (evenings, weekends) and travel when required to be on-site at events and/or troubleshoot remotely
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office – specifically with Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Customer focus and approachable demeanor
- Excellent time managements skills
- Independent and critical thinker with keen sense of judgment
- Quick and strategic problem solver
- Proficiency with registration website platforms such Splash, Certain, Aventri, Eventbrite other registration website platforms
- Experience with virtual meeting and event platforms such as Intrado, GlobalMeet / TalkPoint, Zoom, WebEx, SpotMe, Concise Chime or other virtual meeting and event platforms
- Experience in integrating customer relationship management software, such as Marketo, Salesforce, Dealcloud with event registration management systems such as Cvent
ADMINISTRATION & GENERAL:
- Assume responsibility for own environment, ensuring adherence to health and safety policies while having clean smart surroundings
- Work intelligently and ensure that the Event Technology Manager is aware of problems or issues which negatively affect productivity
- Build excellent relations with team through positive communications
- Ensure knowledge is shared within the team to enable them to work smarter and more efficiently
- Work on ad hoc requests as required, typically during quiet times
FIRST is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. FIRST is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We stand firm: FIRST will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.